Jacobson Lawnaire IV owners?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HydroRI, Dec 3, 2004.

1. HydroRI

HydroRI LawnSite Member

Looking for feedback on this model. Pros & Cons. I want to buy one but I don't want another experience I had with the Bluebird I rented this year. It kicked my butt! I could barely load it onto my truck using ramps because the front wheel was not self propelled. Half of the tines were not penetrating the ground on slight inclines. My lawns are 5-15,000 Sq. Ft. a stop. Is this machine similar to the Bluebird?? I hope it is better!

2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Can you rent one to try first or demo one from a dealer before you buy?

3. HydroRI

HydroRI LawnSite Member

I will call around in the Spring to try and locate one to rent, Just wanted some feedback from owners.

4. PLI1

PLI1 LawnSite Senior Member

You will be able to load this on your trailer easier because the front roller is self propelled. It does a good job with hole penetration and pulling plugs as long as the ground isn't rock hard. As far as handling hills and berms, it sucks. You will be sweating profusely if you do a property with hills, berms, and tons of obstacles. The machine is very tippy and hard to manuever in these instances. I have a bluebird aerator as well and it is bad in these situations as well. There are a coulple of new machines like the Billy Goat and I don't know the other that look like they have a lower center of gravity, but I have never tried them. Also Classen makes what is called a split-drive where I believe you don't have to lift the machine to turn it. I would shop around a bit before you make your final decision.