1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

jamming out on the job

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TLC96, Feb 6, 2012.

1. TLC96

TLC96 LawnSite Member

does anyone else besides me jam out on the job i put my headphones on put NIRVANA on and just jam the hell out makes the job go by faster
  2. RickL1700

RickL1700 LawnSite Member

I do that too. I have a smart phone, put it on random with my ear buds in and mow away. Sometimes when I'm trimming I pull the bud's out of my ear so I do it mostly while on the mower. Sucks the life right out of my phone tho so I have to charge it alot in between jobs.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. TLC96

TLC96 LawnSite Member

my girlfriend got me an mp3 player she told me ima go deaf cause i have it so loud but idc i jam out everywhere i go and all the time it just puts me in a better mood
  4. RickL1700

RickL1700 LawnSite Member

U work for someone or do ur own work?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. TLC96

TLC96 LawnSite Member

I started my own business bout 2 years ago after the body shop i worked for closed and i couldnt find a job
  6. OneLineAtATime

OneLineAtATime LawnSite Member

I jam when i mow, which isn't often. Lots when bed edging, i had to get a cheap MP3.. Need my phone batt. for the net, and text
  7. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been known to do a one legged dance on the sulky as I'm mowing along....or play the "trimmer guitar" if a real rocker comes through the headphones.....=D Gotta be happy while your working!
  8. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

When I jam out, I do it for real. :)
  9. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

u used to have a set of work tunes ear protection that i listened to the radio on and then when i got my ipod shuffle i plugged that in. but i've gone through 3 work tunes. for some reason something internal happens and it doesn't work after awhile so i gave up. last season was a quiet one.

but i never turn the volume up so far i can't hear anything else. i gotta be able to hear the engine and things like that.

i do think it makes the days go by faster and smoother.
  10. mikeypizano

mikeypizano LawnSite Senior Member

If I didn't have my music, I would have to many random ideas!