Jan 1- I cut my grass!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by K.Carothers, Jan 1, 2005.

1. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't believe its 60 in the burgh. I got the itch to pull out the wb and cut my grass. Did it need it?-not really but it looks good and I was able to think about what I needed to do differently in 2005 with the business while cutting.
    One thought I had was how I took for granded the cash flow of just cutting I had in 2004. Being that 2004 was my first true full time in the business I will not b!*ch about a quick $30 in 20min on grass in 2005!

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I almost did some trimming over at my parents yesterday. It was like 55 to 60 here.

3. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I thit 75 degrees yesterday here in TX. I am doing leaf cleanups in shorts and t-shirts. I had a call yesterday froma client who needed me to come over and cut her grass because it started growing and weeds were popping up.

4. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Will be warm all week so the grass can wait till then. Jan 1 is for football!

5. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Wow.... Jan 1st and you get to cut the grass while here in Utah we ended up pushing snow today. It just isn't fair.....It will probably be months before we even see the grass again.

6. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

Wells, remember you live in northern Utah, down here in the south we can still work. Yesterday I did a leaf cleanup and mowed my lawn.

7. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

It was 70 degree's here in MO yesterday, I put a coat of wax on the Dodge. One of the neighbor's walking by was like "how often do you get a chance to wax your truck end of December" laughing. It felt like early spring out there today :) :) :) :)

8. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

50 here in New Hampshire today.

All of the snow melted away leaving nice green lawns. The only thing that really stinks is the next time snow falls, we have to be careful not to rip up that nice turf with the plows!

The good part of it is, we can check out the commercial properties that are going to come up for bid.

9. cuttingkid

cuttingkid LawnSite Member

here in north carolina i am still mowing to lawns every week. :D
    just more money for me.

10. j fisher

j fisher LawnSite Senior Member

I do around 50 residentials year round. Always something to do.