1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Jan MOWING in Hamburg NY

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by chefdrp, Feb 1, 2006.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

I just talked to my Lesco guy in Orchard Park and he said he saw a guy actually mowing in Hamburg last week. Its been pretty warm but come on.
  2. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Was it a commercial guy or homeowner? That is pretty bad. But to be honest I thought about firing up the 21 and going over my Mom's little yard to suck crap up. Mostly stuff that has blown onto it from the neighbors.
  3. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

saw a little old lady mowing the yard 2 weeks ago when I was taking down xmas lights from her neighbors.
  4. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

About two weeks ago it got up to about 50 here. I was bored so I fired up a ZTR and the mowed the front lawn. It mulched up a few leaves that had blown onto it and left clean, well-defined, fresh stripes. Got a few wierd looks from the neighbors and a fews cars going by though.
  5. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Two weeks ago I had two mowers out working in SW PA. It was a good work day, 40s-50s and dry. A property owner had a renter stop working the yard in early September, so grass had not been mowed, nor any Fall leaves picked up. The renter moved out Dec 31. I worked about 6 hours on a 35K sq ft property that required taking off many tarps of leaves and double or triple mowing. The result was good for this time of year. I have never mowed in January before!

Further, I did the bush trimming, edging and put down 5 cu yds of mulch. The owner is intending to rent the property ASAP and wanted it spruced up. This is a property I worked for many years, until May when the last renter moved it, so I was very familiar with the property. I'm hoping he will insist that I continue the lawn service work for the new renter.