Jan-now job

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by BrandonV, Feb 16, 2008.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey guys, while most of yall have been on vacation we're still going at it. Thought some installation pics might get you guys excited about spring comming up. We're nowhere near finshed here, but making progress. Click Here for Photos Right now working on our cave/tunnel to the backyard, made out of feather rock from Cal. cool stuff, but sharp as all get out. Rotor has put in much of the h20 system, but we're waiting to see the owner will go for a new more powerful well, because the system there now is giving us a 1" feedline, which frankly stinks. we also have lighting to do and a large pondless water feature in the front. enjoy

2. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

Too bad you weren't able to get him to decide before you installed the system.

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Great pics, Brandon!

4. BrandonV

i know, this is the horse farm in which we built an awesome waterfall in the back, now we're getting the front to match. with the new well we should be able to start watering some of the horse fields too if the owner so desires.

5. BrandonV

[croc hunter voice (RIP)]the rare New England ditch digger, I've never seen them this far south, usually this climate is too hot for these beauties, but here as you can see he has shed some of his coat as opposed to the more southern breed[/croc hunter voice]

Picture 4.png

6. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

That tunnel is unreal!! Are you loading soil on top, or just small plant materials? Was it engineered, I'd love to know all about that tunnel, that seems like it will look awesome!!

7. BrandonV

soil on the sides more rocks on top after I mortar onto of the rebar, engineered in a way that my father and bro are both engineers and think it's ok :) rebar is stupid strong in that form, we ran two 1/2" bar through each hole and then ran 6x6" square mesh across that tied on, and then the feather rock, we'll bring boulders and soil up to the sides after we get it finished, hopefully this week.

8. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

I.d love to do something like that at my house. keep us updated!!

9. BrandonV

updated today... go to page two, got the first layer of concrete onto of the first layer of stone, tomorrow we'll start w/ the top layer of rock and maybe start stacking boulders up on the side. Rotor did a fine job of putting in another zone, and next week we'll be installing a new 3hp var. speed pump. ditch witch will most likely be brining me a zahn w/ a pipe plow on it to "try" so I ask those experienced w/ a plow whats the trick to pulling sch 40 pvc, I've never use a plow, rotor's never plowed anything but poly, and also we'll need to plow in a 6 gauge wire for the power, previous installer ran 1000'+ of 10 to the well.... not a great idea.

10. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

This plowing PVC is going to be different I'll tell you that....

Any tips there Dirty water? Its possible that that new articulating ditch witch will make an appearance on this job...im gona take some pics today...