January 13 and I need your help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hortboy, Jan 13, 2005.

1. hortboy

hortboy LawnSite Member

Ok this may sound crazy but a commercial property I took on last fall called me today and needs me to put together 12 large planter pots (24 inch) w/ plants planted in them for next Tues. Now I clarifed w/ the gentleman and he said the president is coming in and we need to spruce up the place. So I need suggestions on plants I can stick in these planters that look good at this time of year, cost is not a concern and I live in the North east. I have already contacted a large nursery in my area and he has 8 greenhouses filled w/ plants. I am thinking putting upright arbs, alberta spruce in them but need small plants w/ some type of color to offset the upright plant. I also have access to 3 foot tall orn grass. Any suggestions would be great -perrenials-shrubs whatever.

Ps I have 11 yards of red mulch in the truck as we speak to be spread tomorrow.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would suggest some lilies.

3. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know of any lilies that are in bloom now. Load them up with pansies.

4. Anthony-MB

Anthony-MB LawnSite Member
    from georgia

could you just rent some flowers or plants for one or two days?

5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

not much of a choice i think. alberta spruce, henoki gold, kale and pansies

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

you might be lucky finding lilies. I used to grow them inside during the winter months, not too hard, just a little thinking involved. Most, not all bulbs, can be grown inside

7. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Kale would be my choice. Take a smaller Alberta and surround the bottom w/ Kale. You could also try Ivy.

Chris