Japanese Beetle/ Medfly

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Jdmtnbikr, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Jdmtnbikr

Jdmtnbikr LawnSite Member

What can you tell me about these? I have a job interview with the county on Friday for a Ag. Pest Tech opening. They say those are 2 of the main pests they work with. All they required was experience in Agriculture or Horticulture. I have the latter and have worked with mites, mealy bugs, aphids, scale etc etc but never those 2.

I have google'd them both and read about them, just wondering if there is anything I could say to make me look better? :)
    thanks

2. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

Look under "White Grubs"

3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

No they are just pests and reading up on them and their life cycles and the damage they can do and what is the proceedure to control them is all you can do sweet.

4. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

the Japanese Beatles havn't made it past the desert yet! they try to monitor the airports and keep the Beatles under control so that they cant get on a flight to California! they do a great deal of damage to certain landscape plants and ornamental trees, then lay their eggs in the turf that become grubs and eat the root system right out from under the lawn!