Japanese tractors

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by j fisher, Apr 6, 2005.

1. j fisher

j fisher LawnSite Senior Member

Looking to purchase a compact tractor/loader. Have looked at Kuboto, John Deere and New Holland. Also looked at some re-conditioned Yan Mars and Mitsubithes. I really like the Kuboto, but I'm trying to keep cost down as much as possible. Anyone using the Japanese tractors. If so, whats your opinions of them?

2. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

Virtually all the compact tractors on the market are foreign-built or at least foreign-engineered. Deere builds some compacts in the US with some US and some Japanese components. Kubota, Deere and New Holland all make great tractors. The Yanmars and Mitsubishi tractors you refer to are most likely grey market tractors, meaning that they were intended for sale in another country, probably Japan, and they are used. I've got a grey market Yanmar and am pretty happy with it, but if you go that route, do your homework so you know what you are getting. If you're not mechanically inclined, get a tractor with a good warranty and a trustworthy dealer nearby that you can take it to. For strictly business use, you are probably better off with a new tractor from a major manufacturer. They are all good, but again do your homework and shop around.

3. Grass Man

Grass Man LawnSite Senior Member

... I couldn't agree more with hosejockey 2002. I have a KUBOTA and love it.

.... Good luck :)

4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Save yourself the headaces. Find a nice slightly used kubota. You will never have a problem with them. They just run and run. Even when you run them hard.

5. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

kubota here

6. Planter

Planter LawnSite Member
    from Utah

Kubota here, too. New one three years ago. The interest from the dealer was too good to pass up. It was almost as cheap buying new at low interest as buying used and paying higher interest on the equipment.

Great tractor.

7. Grass Man

Grass Man LawnSite Senior Member

.... As I understand it, after about twelve years or so, mine is worth the same or more than what I paid for It :cool:.

8. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Kubota tractors and excavators are like great commodities. Resale is awesome. 0% for 2 yrs financing, Write it off for 3-5 yrs,then claim its used up and sell for cash only. Win-win-win deal. payup

9. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Them Kubota's will just run and run. I think kubota definately gives you a lot of tractor for your money.

10. bnrhuffman

bnrhuffman LawnSite Member

Another Kubota here.
    A couple years ago I was shopping for a used tractor but with 0% financing on new ones and the used ones selling for almost what new ones do, I couldnt resist a new one.
    Love everything about my Kubota. JD and NH are just as good though. Another up coming player is Kioti. They can be had a little cheaper but are where Kubota was in the market a few years ago. Massy Furguson is also a decent option as is Agco and Cub Cadet. Just make sure that whatever you get, youve got a good dealer that you trust close by. Thats really the key.