Jason's Lawn Care's New Truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Jason'sLawnCare, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare LawnSite Member

Hello everybody,

It's been awhile since i've checked back to this site. I've been distracted by tacomaworld.com.

Anyways what I'm getting at is I would like to share my truck that I've recently purchased. It works much better for the lawn operation than my moms 4 cylinder Nissan Rogue. I can put the bags of grass in the bed now instead of loading them up on the trailer.

It's an 08 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Rugged Trail 4x4.

Thanks for viewing.

DSC_9148.JPG

DSC_9150.JPG

DSC_9167.JPG

2. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

He got a taco, and even better the first pics posted are off the road. Good luck with it, Toyota builds a solid truck and they are very capable too.

3. Jason'sLawnCare

Thanks. Yeah, the first weekend I had it I went to the beach with it. No point in having 4x4 and not using it.

4. ZTR_Diesel

ZTR_Diesel LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like fun. Wish Toyota didn't limit 5-speed transmissions so much on thier trucks. I would like a V6-regular cab 4x4 with a 5-speed, but thier website laughs at your for even suggesting such an absurd thing.

5. Jason'sLawnCare

Yeah I know what you mean. I wanted a manual but I didn't want the six speed so at first I was looking into a late year first gen so I could get both the v6 and the 5 speed. My mom convinced me to get a newer truck so I got the auto.Not that there's anything wrong with that specific tranny it just too many gears.

Also they don't make the regular cab in a v6 config.

6. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Nice truck and pics. What size is the V6 they put in them. Let us know what the MPG works out to be.

7. Jason'sLawnCare

4.0. I've only checked on two tanks. one was 17 and the other was like 14.7. Both are mostly towing and hauling combined about 2000 pounds.

8. ZTR_Diesel

ZTR_Diesel LawnSite Senior Member

Wow - didn't recall they had a six-speed. I would buy one of those.

Good luck with your new rig.

9. Jason'sLawnCare

It's only the manuals on the 6 cylinders that they have a 6 speed.

Thanks.

10. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

That's good. Might get even better with some miles put on it or does it already have a few?