Jaw Dropping Rates!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by doitforjohnny, Aug 16, 2007.

1. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I'd still like a good answer to "We'll hire you if you can do it cheaper than (insert name of well-known BIG national corporation here)."
    Other than "gee thanks but no thanks" that is.

2. doitforjohnny

doitforjohnny LawnSite Member

Yeah it's a quote from the "Outsiders". I used to be a greaser too! My friends would always say "do it for Johnny". I don't know why I used it for my user name here.

J

3. doitforjohnny

doitforjohnny LawnSite Member

The guy said he has been in business for 14 years!

J

4. Lohse's Lawn Service

Lohse's Lawn Service LawnSite Member
    from US

This is completely off topic, but that is probably the best quote of the movie. The acting is superb. :laugh:

5. BeautifulBlooms

BeautifulBlooms LawnSite Senior Member

Ok they may be out of there in 10 minutes, but they spent 40-50 minutes total working there as well as probably 5 (* 4 or 5 people) just getting there. So if they charged $10 per cut for that job, they probably paid out $50. Something is wrong there either they are bankrupt already or they will be or someone made a mistake.

6. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

So for 30 lawns the guy would be charging $300 for the day. To pay a crew of 3 for an 8 hour day would be at least $240. He has to be losing money.

7. leevubehind

leevubehind LawnSite Member

This is so like the Florida market I have over 80 accounts in one subdivision small lawns $40.00 - $60.00 per month I can do over 20 in one day by myself. Friday I did 24 moved my truck & trailer twice no more than 2 blocks so you make money on volume. My friend has 278 accounts in this same subdivision he has 4 guys including himself does over 50 per day, Plus these accounts pay the same all year long.

8. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Those guys have you pegged, and are feeding you a line.

Tim

9. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

Man, and I felt bad for myself! I thought that 25 a cut was bad! Suddenly that sounds real real good!

10. Diamond-LC

Diamond-LC LawnSite Member

shoot, it takes about $7.50 in gas just to get to the clients house...:hammerhead: