JCB Skid Steers

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by DVS Hardscaper, Jan 25, 2012.

1. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

I am always surprised nobody likes my equipment ideas. I guess nobody has cash? I personally cannot stand to lose money... makes my damn skin crawl. Buying new to me is like lighting money on fire. I would rather tie up money in something rather than throw away 25k in payments over 3-4 years. Hell saving the difference between buying used is better than the banks are paying in a money market account.

I sold one guy a loaded 08 T320 with 74.0 hours and saved him 20k off of a new one. I sold another guy a Case 445ct with 110 hours and saved him 17k. I sold another guy a Bobcat 430 mini-x with 76.0 hours and saved him about 9k.

What is the difference between these machines and new one? Is the dealer going to pick up and drop off a machine when yours goes down under warranty?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  2. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

I once caught a fish ......... This big.

I guess your ideas are smarter then everyone else. When I picked up My machine, Brickman had an order of 9 new machines... Someone should let them know also.

3. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Sometimes you gotta buy new. Either let
    The money go to uncle sam or spend it on equipment.

I did come across a nice Deere CTL 322(?) for $27k, 500 hrs and the paint looked brand new, ad said garage kept. By
    The time I called it was sold.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. jbailey52

HA! that was probably my biggest selling point and I forgot..... The papers had my purchase date as 12-31-11... pphheewww.. just squeaked in.

5. muddywater

Yeah my ideas wont work for brickman or anyone that doesnt have cash. But i did sell several used isuzu nprs to yard works that has branches in multiple states and is prob close in the 10 mil gross range.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. muddywater

I would rather pay the taxes. If you have a sh!tty acountant you will pay a max of 30% in the highest tax bracket. So you ate not really giving it all to the government and you are only saving 30% by taking the write off.

I just sold a 06 332 with ac 265hrs for 29k, the deals are out there.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. muddywater

So you "need" the writeoff but cant pay cash? So you are effectively financing your taxes for the next 5 years? Do you do this every year? Seems like dangerous train to get on.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. jbailey52

YOUR HIRED! Ha my how these threads can go down the tubes.

I dont know where I said I dont have the cash or I "need" the write off. When people debate a topic, they usually dont just put choose what words will make their point seem stronger. I prefer a new machine, Financed at a very low percent, full warranty... and most importantly, all Perdy and shinny! That way I can keep that good old safe full of the millions and millions of dollars!

Dont let this ruin your weekend :)

9. DVS Hardscaper

Cept no where in the quote that youre responding to did bailey make any mention of how anything was paid for.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. DVS Hardscaper

As my quote
    In my sig says "people throw rocks at things that shine"

And muddywater - if ppl Didn't buy new, u wouldn't have anything to sell.
    Posted via Mobile Device