JCRO Dethacher users

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snowjeep, Mar 16, 2009.

1. snowjeep

snowjeep LawnSite Senior Member

I would like to know how well they work? Good and bad. Also I am looking at a 48" to put on my Gravely 34z, would that be to much out front? For a $100 more I can get a brand new 36" compared to the used one. Can anyone give me a ballpark on how to price this service.

2. mowerman41

mowerman41 LawnSite Senior Member

I love mine makes it makes life easier. Look on ebay or craigslist you might find a good deal.

3. snowjeep

What size and type mower do u have it on? What size rake do u have? Any bad about product?

4. snowjeep

no one uses these?

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Plenty do. Just do a search and you will come up with about a full day's worth of reading on these things. I have one and wouldn't do without.

6. mowerman41

mowerman41 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 48" Exmark Turf Tracer HP and the rake for that is 46" it is worth its weight in gold. You don't have to service them just drop the rake and go. I also have a 60" check ebay I got the 60" for $450 Brand New, they are going for $530-$630. Great piece of equipment, you will not be sorry if you purchas one....

7. snowjeep

Thanks guys, I did do a search and only one good post came up.

8. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

Get one, the best investment I have ever made. Worth its weight in gold in the spring time. very little if any raking in the spring time.

9. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

First off do a search for JRCO (I got 20 pages).

Second if you only have a 34" deck I would get the 36". No point of dethatching if you don't bag it up. Having the 48" would dethatch more area but you would still need to come and do another pass to bag it without dethatching. If you owned a 48" machine also I would say it's an ok investment because you can use it on both but just for a 34" then no. Also the wider they are the more power it takes to push it, I don't know much on the 34z but if it has the zt2800 hydro's I would stick to a 36".

10. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

I am also thinking about putting one on my walker. When you say no raking what about all the sticks or do they just get caught in the tines and stay there. we only rake areas around trees. But I have lawns that could use a light dethatch. What does it really do and how good does it do it?