Jd '04 L110 Lawn Tractor

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by A+ Lawncare, May 3, 2005.

1. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

wondering whether this mower i see in my local paper is a good price or not.....
    JD '04 L110 LAWN TRACTOR, rear bagger, $1400/obo.

what would be a fair price for both parties?
    i know they've been runnin a big special on tv the last couple of weeks on this exact mower for about $2,500 w/o bagger... so i guess this about an $2,800-$3k mower w/bagger....

is this mower pratical for towing lawn carts and doing mulch jobs around the yard, ect.? i know they don't leave that great of an cut or anything b/c its an homeowner model tractor.... IMO JD is 1 of the best lawn tractors out there....

what size deck & hp is this mower?

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

This is nothing bit a Homeowner lawn tractor. One of Deeres lowest levels. ALso here it is only like $1900 at Home Cheapo

3. A+ Lawncare

i guess i was thinkin of 1 of JD upper level mowers with that price quote..... now i think about i do remember seeing something on tv w/that entry level of just under $2k

i know those mowers from home cheapo is the same mower from your JD dealer.... even though they appear at home cheapo..

would you say $900 cash is fair?

4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Maybe offer it and see but I wouldn't plan on using it as a commercial mower. I have JD ZTR's and they are Great, but they are also Commercial grade too.

5. A+ Lawncare

yea i guess i should stay away from this mower.... and just get an w/b instead

6. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I had a L130. It worked fine, cut was rather good though. I have 280 hours on it with no problems. I would use it to "jump start" a business, but nothing more. I have some pictures I will post later

7. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you want a JD rider that is up to the challenge of commercial mowing then you need to visit a dealer and keep out of Home Depot. The GT, GX, and X-series machines are more than enough to stand up to the test of commercial mowing. Mine has been doing it for going on 6 years now with no trouble.

But on the L-130, offer $1100 and then take it and run to the city, and sell it for $1800, make your self a little cash in a couple days. I had the chance to pick a L120 up for $1195 but I turned it down.

8. ALarsh

from Midwest

My L130 is for sale also... if you are interested let me know

9. A+ Lawncare

whats the productivity rate on cuttin acres in an hr w/an L110....

what does the bagger sell new for and what is this worth separate w/o mower?

10. ALarsh

from Midwest

There are way too many factors for me to tell you how much it cuts in a hour. How many times you have to turn around could vary your time from 45 minutes to 3 hours.

My bagger is for sale also. $300 new, not sure what it is worth separate.