JD 320 owners

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Wisentaner, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Wisentaner

Wisentaner LawnSite Member

About to purchase a new Deere 320 with enclosed cab, heat and AC, rear weights and a 72" bucket. The dealer wants $28,500. Just wondering what others have paid. I'm thinking i'll offer around $27,500. Also how do you like your machines? I keep going back and forth between NH LS180 and the 320. Thaks for the help
  2. vntgrcr

vntgrcr LawnSite Senior Member

Wisentaner,Noticing your location, seriously consider any kind of dealer support. I don't even know who deals with JD or NH in this area. I know that Chris Welch from Bobcat in Bourne comes to the island on a regular basis and he could give you the support you would need. Just give it some thought.

GMUGNIER LawnSite Member

I almost bought the John Deere as I liked the way the undercarriage was built - however - after I looked at the cat - there was no comparison and I think I got a better deal on my 287B I just took delivery of it as well as a diamondctrailers.com tilt top two days ago - really nice! It would be wise for you to check out the Cat of you haven't done so already. Just my .02c worth
  4. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Wisentaner, what do you want to do with the machine?
  5. Wisentaner

There is a dealer rite in Hyannis who deals with Deere. I actuialy have a bobcat t-190 now and want to make a change. The machine will become the sole skid steer for my landscaping buisness. It will be lifting pallets sod and stone, grading and general landscape demo. Any owner out there? How do you like them and what did you pay?
  6. thepawnshop

thepawnshop LawnSite Senior Member

I had a JD 320 but traded up to the new JD 322 CTL. I had NO complaints with the 320....great amchine, but I really like the CTL. Unfortunately, the 322 costs about 18k more!

I bought my 320 fairly loaded except: no front door, high flow or AC. My cost was 23,500.

I don't think you will dissapointed with the 320..it is a very stron machine with excellent weight distribution.

Good Luck!
  7. Wisentaner

Pawnshop, So you had a 320 with heat, weights,side windows and bucket for $23,500. My dealer quoted me $25 for the machine, weights and bucket. Did you play with the dealer to get this price or is mine just coming in high? Also did you have any problems with the machine and any idea what the machine could actuially lift? Thanks for the help
  8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I'd say if you can get the machine with A/C, heater, door, weights, bucket, and high flow for $27,500 that would be a pretty good deal I think.
  9. thepawnshop

I had a CAT 236B machine on the site at the time. I really worked it hard, but since them I have upgraded to the CTL, bought a JD 35D mini AND am in the process of buying a used Hitachi ex160 excavator from him. I think the key ot these sales guys is to let them knw you may be buying more than one piece of equipment from them so they don't try to make all of their money on one sale.

As far as lifting, all I can say is that it picked up everything I threw at it, but I couldn't pick up a full bundle of Advantech subfloor. I could lift it just enough to move it, but not off of the ground. I don't know how much weight that was, but I KNOW it wasn't light!

Once again, I don't think you will be dissapointed. It is a solid machine, as are most skid steers, but with the way the weight is distributed (60% rear / 40% front) versus traditional skid steers (70% rear / 30% front) if you are working on any slope, you will feel less "tippy" in my opinion. In fact, when I bought my JD, I wanted to by the CAT SOOOOOOO bad, simply because it was a CAT. But the way they both handled on a hill changed my mind to the JD (I am developing a subdivision which is almost ALL on a slope).

If you want, remind me with a call on Monday, and I will get my guy to give me a price on a 320 spec'd the way you want it. that said, with steel prices rising, it may not be far off since I bought mine a year ago. I will PM you my number.

One more thing...I spent the bucks and put on the McLaren Semi-Pneumatic tires...well worth the investment around construction sites!
  10. thepawnshop

You can't receive PM's. You will need to set that feature up and I will send you my email address.

Scag, how is business up your way? Are you happy with that CAT mini? I know you are a fan boy for CAT...just giving you a hard time. I guess folks on here can say the same about me with JD, right! Man, I love playin in the dirt!