1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

JD 4010 to Aerate?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by danslawncare, Feb 9, 2005.

1. danslawncare

danslawncare LawnSite Member

Is a JD 4010 compact tractor too big to aerate with? Will it leave ruts...weighs 1420lbs. I'm seriously considering upgrading. Right now i have a Kubota BX2200.

Thanks! :dizzy:

This is the link for more info:
  2. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I would actually have wondered the same thing about your BX2200 (same size as Deere 2210). What type lawn are you planning on aerating? I would think that anything bigger than your unit (and maybe even the unit you currently have) would leave ruts on any lawn where the soil is moist enough to aerate. . .but on the same token, if your BX2200 wouldn't rut the lawn in question, I would be interested to see if the heavier unit would make that much difference. . .

Hmmm. . .did I really say anthing there?? ;)
  3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I used a Kubota B7500 with a La 302 loader and a MillCreek aerator (which alone weights 1100lbs) for aerating. I don't have any problems with rutting. Heck I have to put a 400 lb weight in the bucket to keep the front wheels on the ground for doing hills.

If anything I wouldn't get a 4010 its to underpowered. You need a 4110 at a the smallest. The 4115 would be an even better choice.