Jd 4010 ?

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by jd boy, Oct 15, 2004.

1. jd boy

jd boy LawnSite Member
    from nw ohio

I bought a 4010 with a front loader (410) & a 60" belly mower. Love this set up & I use it for everything, but...

The mower deck does not seem to raise very much. When I raise it all the way it probablly only comes up only 2". In fact the wheels still touch the ground when it is up all the way.

FYI- It is all connected to the 3 point hitch system. When you lower it the 3 point also goes down.

Anything I can do to make this better? It is not a huge deal, but if i want to push soil around or something it gets in the way.

thanks.

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

there must be something wrong with your hitch because if the finishing mower is hooked to the 3 pt. hitch it has to go up when the hitch does so your hitch must not be working properly. You could start by checking your hydralic fluid.

3. jd boy

jd boy LawnSite Member
    from nw ohio

any other ideas? I know that's ok, plus the loader works great.
    the mower itself is not directly attached to the 3 point. It is a true belly mower, but somehow it is all tied together because they both operate off the same lever (to raise and lower)

4. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I've never seen a 4010 with a belly mower so I really don't know what the problem could be. There is probibly an adjustment on the deck where you can raise it up more.

5. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Take the mower off. Can't take that long. I have 2 4410's and it only takes 5 min. max without tools. When I have to push dirt I take mine off.

6. mownlawns

mownlawns LawnSite Member

The belly mower on the compacts such as the 4010, 4110, 4115, and 4120 do not lift very high, which is about the only problem they have. I have a 2003 JD4110 with the 60" mid-mount (belly) mower and it is the same way...not much you can do. Pretty much applies to all deck sizes. On the other hand, I own and have owned various brands of zero turning radius mowers made for commercial mowing that do not mow as beautifully as the 4110 compact w/ the 60"MMM. I use it at my home...when I can get my wife off of it! She loves the thing!