1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

JD 430 vs Kubota 723 loader

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by sarkig, Aug 18, 2004.

1. sarkig

sarkig LawnSite Member

I am trying to decide between the JD 4310 w/ 430 FEL or the Kubota L3130 w/ 723 FEL. In my interpretation of the specs, It appears the 723 can outlift the 430 by 500 pounds.

It this true? Does anyone have experience running the 3130 with the 723 FEL?

2. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

YUP gotta 3130 with 723 loader. Couple things,GET HYDRO!, Get Quick attach, I would reccomend a 3830. 3130 is under powered with the hydro.Learn from my mistake PLEASE! Great machines.
  3. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Get the kubota, you will be much happiers. The new deeres aren't what they used to be. Stuff now that was once steel is now plastic. Kubota are still mostly steel. I am a die hard deere fan. I got 5 older deere tractors. But the new kubotas will smoke the new deeres. I am very happy with my kubota. I would buy another one, if I needed another tractor.
  4. bnrhuffman

bnrhuffman LawnSite Member

Ive got a 3130 GST w/723. I also wrestled with the Green or Orange decision. I ended up with Orange because I like the dealer better and the Deere does use alot more plastic than I like. Test drive all of the available trannys before buying. The HSTs are good trannys and have their place but they arent the end all be all. For close in loader work, the HST is hard to beat but if you have some distance to cover while doing loader work (such as transporting material around a site), the GST is the way to go.
    Lift capacity ratings and the amount of work you can do have less to do with HP than with the weight of the tractor. If I remember right, the 3130 weighs a bit more than the 4310. Most any loader will lift the tractor off the ground if not ballasted. If you like the Deere and it feels good under you, dont let the lift rating stop you. Fill the tires or add weights and you wont even notice a difference.
  5. CookTractor

CookTractor LawnSite Member

the john deere 4310 is made in mexico and has plastic all over it, stick with the Kubota

GRASS-PLUS LawnSite Member

I have a L3830 with LA723 and it's a great machine. If I had it to do over
    I would get the L4230 because it's a 4 cyl. instead of 3. Mine is the FST
    model with industrial tires.