JD 710a suspension seat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Leeg83, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Leeg83

Leeg83 LawnSite Member

Hi, guys and gals was considering purchasing suspension kit for my JD 710a. was just wondering if it is really worth it? i priced them out and my dealer askin like 325$ im just thinking for that kind of money it better do wonders. So any input be appreciated:usflag:

2. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i put one on my z920a a few years ago. it is definately worth it. it saves your back.

i was able to find a kit on ebay for $150 though.

you may wanna just look into buying a whole suspension seat like they have on the newer deere models. it may not cost that much more.

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Yes it does! I just priced it last week and they told me just under $6 hundy.:eek:

4. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

5. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

yeah that's what i mean. it will be $400 by the time you add tax for the other suspension kit.

might as well spend $600 and get the good one.

i dunno just an idea. :laugh:

i dunno why these seats cost so much money. probably costs them $100 to make it if that much.

6. greenology

Over hear in aus we're looking at $1200 +

7. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

My dealer told me he could set me up with that platform like yours for just over $300.

I think they are all gouging the crap out of us because they know we need to be comfortable all day, and are willing to pay for it.

8. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Mmmm....... the seat costs 10% of the sale price. I think a pillow strapped across a 2x10 will do just fine in that case. :laugh:

9. greenology

Haha if only a pillow was effective enough!

Our purchase price is $16990. Arent we lucky?

10. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Aw, half of that is just paying for the beautiful view you and Mick have while mowing.:drinkup: