1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

JD 727A and DFS MCS?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TrpD345, Jun 22, 2006.

1. TrpD345

TrpD345 LawnSite Member

Will the new JD Dump from the Seat Material Collection System fit on a 727A? I can nt find a dealer that knows? Thanks!
  2. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

No.. The only attachment listed for the 727A, on John Deere's website, is a two bag bagger system.

I have made several attachments for my 727A myself as I like the smaller frame size. I've attached a photo of my 25 gallon sprayer system I fabricated using a FIMCO sprayer and the front mount weight rack that holds normal 40 lb. suitcase type weights.

Coincidentally, I am just starting up a fabrication company to manufacturer powered (electric) OCDC for John Deere Z-Traks and Dixie Choppers to start with. Hustlers, Scag and others to come. We're going to be making other attachments as we go.

Sprayer 6.jpg
  3. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you spray w/ the boom set that high???? I used to have a setup like that on my Lazer till I bought a PermaGreen. Unless you spray on a perfectly calm day at a real slow ground speed, I would think the drift from your setup would be hard to control at that height???
  4. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

I know I guy that made one of these. He uses a 10 gallon tank in front instead of weights and can spray a lot more ground than the 25 gallon alone. I agree that boom is way to high.
  5. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

I guess that I beg the differ on that . It looks like that is a boomless sprayer and they are set at those types of heights just to get the distance that they need to get to spray there intended spray width.
  6. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

That is the factory height of the sprayer and the droplet size is large enough to control the drift. It does not come out as a fine mist.