1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

JD 737 vs Husky 5223

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nethawk, Dec 10, 2003.

1. nethawk

nethawk LawnSite Member

I am going to purchase my first zero turn mower and would like to know what you guys thought about these 2. Both are from local dealers and are within $300 of each other. I kind of like the rounded corners of the JD's stamped deck, but have never been real impressed with the JD riding mowers. Might consider an Exmark also. It's alot of money for me to spend but you also get what you pay for. So I am real interested to see what the guys that have experience with these mowers have to say, Thanks.
  2. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I run a 757 and wouldn't have it any other way. Regardless of what others say, I have yet to see any mower leave a better quality of cut than my Deere. It's built like a tank and the price is very competitive. Why not buy the Mercedez when you can get it for the price of a Volkswagen?
  3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

1st welcome to Lawsite!!! 2nd if you have a good network in your area for Exmark, I'd have to lean towards them. If not then probably Deere. But I would demo all three first to see which gives the best cut in your area.

I have a 48" Kees (Kees builds Husqvarna) and in my opinion it produces the best cut in my area. Plus there are a ton of dealers in my area if I need parts.

However I must warn you that MFG support for Y/K - Husqvarna is non-exsistent. They get my vote for worst in the industry. Personally I have chosen to keep using there product because I'm sorta cornered into it. But I would NEVER recommend them to anyone.

It takes some effort but I have figured out how to work around their lousy warrenty support. Not much is actually covered by any mower MFG warrenty. So I have learned to deal direct with the MFG of the individual parts. In the end the part MFG covers the warrenty anyways and the parts for the most part are common to all commercial mowers.

BUT.... life is a lot easier if you have a company like Deere or Exmark that steps up to the plate, takes care of you and takes care of the headaches of the warrenty stuff for you.