Jd 737

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dave k, Feb 5, 2007.

1. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

I was at the JD dealer today looking at the Z's, There is a big JD Show here in the Atl. area starting tomorrow. My question is regarding the JD's with the one hydro, is this an issue? or is this as reliable as dual hydros? They will be having good prices I'm sure, I was told for under 1 Ac. the 737 with a 54" deck is the way to go, it has a 23hp Kaw.
    Any JD owners replies would be appreciated, I understand they cut wet grass very well, so they must cut dry even better?

2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

One pump on the Deeres kind of surprised me as well. The service manager at a local dealer told me they have yet to see one fail. Plus, in the even that it does fail, it is completly re-buildable.

3. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 727 and it to is a one pump model. Have not had any problems with it and I have not seen any issues with it getting to hot or being over worked.

I will suggest one thing to you though. The 737 is a larger frame than the 727, yet they both run a 54" Deck and the same engine size. So, with the 737, you have a heavier mower with a wider frame and the same size engine. You lose trim ability due to the wide frame and either burn more fuel or have a little less power. Just my opinion, But I would either go with a 727 or go ahead and step up the the 757 with a 60" deck and the 25HP Engine.

4. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

350 hours on my 727A when I traded it in last week and not a hint of trouble. Loved it.

5. 7 IRON

7 IRON LawnSite Member
    from VT

Have A 2005 737 w/60" Deck And Love It.Wish I Would Have Gotten The
    25Hp(757)Though.Sometimes Underpowered In Tall-thick Grass.

6. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

The dealer told me he thought a 60" deck would be to big for 1 ac. lawns, but from reading here most people use 60" decks, I think the advise on taking the 757 makes more sense, thanks. I'll look them over more tomorrow.

7. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

I would get the 737 with a 54 or a 757 with a 60.

8. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

I also have a 737 w/ 60" but if you are going to be mowing a lot with it then i would defiantly spend the few extra bucks and get the 757 w/ 60".

9. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I have a 737 with the 60" deck and have had no problems so far at 484 hours. I have cut some bad grass with it and have not had any power problems with it and thats with a mulching kit. These decks are awsome on bahai grass also.

10. mike plummer

mike plummer LawnSite Member

Love My 737 Had No Problems Cuts Good For The 1's That Don't Know Mow Products Has Blades Cheeper Then The Jd Deeler Give Them A Try Have Other Blades 2