Jd 757 2006

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Goldkress Kennels, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Goldkress Kennels

Goldkress Kennels LawnSite Member

Ok ok I got the point! The $6500.00 for a 9 year old Grasshopper 621 was overpriced. Soooo, I says to "me self," what is it that really makes me exited? (I ain't going there Mr.) It was, if fact, the JD 757 7 Iron II series. I checked out all the others and read all the comments posted by all of the owners and what their opinions were. In a nut shell, I concluded that, if I did my homework I would be please with at least five or six of the leading mowers like JD, Grasshopper, Ferris, eXMark, Gravely etc..

So, I bought a JD 757 yesterday, received it today (a full tank of gas came with it as well. That was a small fortune in itself!) and spent what normally takes me six hours to do in only two hours.

Likes: Speed (it screems), turning (very precise), power (it hasn't bogged down on me as I blasted through the tall stuff), controllability (it is easy to adapt to, for me anyway. This is the first ZTR I have owned)

Dislikes: The floor pan my feet are supported by bangs when I hit bumps, the roll bar is noisey, all of the time. I let my wife drive it and I could hear it rattling two hundred feet away. I have it in down position because I have trees that I have to go under.

All in all, I like it! It took me two hours to mow five acres. I got all of my weed wacking done and the yard cut in less than four hours. Now it is time for a huge screwdriver. Thanks everyone for all of the opinions and help. :drinkup:
  2. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Our pleasure. . .enjoy!:drinkup:
  3. southernlandscapespecial

southernlandscapespecial LawnSite Member

Welcome to the John deere club!!:usflag:
  4. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

Hey there ............yes congrats on the new yellow seat!! You will LOVE that mow.........chine. I wonder what is up with the rattling on your ROPS thou? Contact Deere about that and they should check into it for you. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!
  5. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I wonder what's going on the ROPS also. I have several JD's and I have never heard the Rops rattling like that. Maybe the bolts aren't tight or the pins are not in where the Rops folds.
  6. Loy's Home Services  LLC

Loy's Home Services LLC LawnSite Member

I have a 757 w/ a 25 horse kaw. Mowes beautifully, loves the gas. That's the only thing I don't like about it!
  7. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

Your 757 under normal conditions should use approx 1 gal of fuel per hour and thats not bad!