JD 757-Mulch on Demand Deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Throgmorton, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Throgmorton

Throgmorton LawnSite Member

Going to add a ZTR to go with my Walker GHS. My JD/Walker dealer has a JD 757 demo with a mulch on demand 60" deck. I have it in my shop waiting for the ground to freeze so I can try it out in the wheat field behind my house. Anyway, has anybody heard about or tried this new mulch system. Apparenly JD only made 400 of these units. They are going to wait and see how they perform and to hear some feedback before building more. Incase you haven't seen one, their system works like this. It works similar to qwickchute's OCDC. When you flip the handle the OCDC covers the discharge opening and four baffles under the front of the deck flip down creating somewhat seperate chambers. I winched the front of the machine up and looked underneath. It looks pretty neat. You can go from side discharge to true mulching with the blades engaged. I tried it in my yard yesterday but my grass is so short it is hard to tell if it works well. Planning to run it on Monday, supposed to be 15 degrees that day. The wheat field is about 6 inches tall, should be a good test. I'll let everyone know how it does.
  2. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

Hows about a picture of the system and some results?
  3. Throgmorton

Throgmorton LawnSite Member

Never posted pictures, but will try. I have a digital camera and I will give it a shot.
  4. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

If you can't figure how to post the pictures send them to me via e-mail. I will post them.
  5. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Throgmorton, Im interested in how well this works also. Wished they had it last summer before I bought the 737.
  6. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

:blob3: :blob3: Yeah, post some pictures. :blob3:
  7. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 2002 757 with a mulch kit. It would be nice to have that OCDC deck. Anyone know if Deere is going to make a kit for those of us with the regular 7-Iron deck?
  8. Bay de Noc Lawn Car

Bay de Noc Lawn Car LawnSite Member

Wow that sounds vary nice! :cool:
  9. jcb287

jcb287 LawnSite Member

What is mulch on demand? Sounds like it has a OCDC...Please post some pics of it.
  10. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Pure Genius !

If they Actually Come out W/a Deck Like that My Next Mower will Be a JD...

This Should Have been Avail Years Ago...I've Talked to eXmark Rep. Numerous Times About A Mulch on Demand Deck.

Kudos to JD.