JD 757 or Toro Z500 - Which to buy?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rochenyguy, Aug 17, 2005.

1. rochenyguy

rochenyguy LawnSite Member

Narrowed it down to either JD757 or Toro Z500, both with 60" deck (Turboforce on Toro), 25HP Kawasaki on JD, 27HP Kohler on Toro.

If prices are comparable (there actually are quite close in my area), which would you get, or is it a coin flip and matter or what color you like better and if you are a Kawasaki of Kohler fan?

2. PCUTSLAWNCARE

PCUTSLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

I have a 757 and totally love it

3. rochenyguy

Thanks. I've only heard good comments about both the 757 and the Toro so it makes it tougher to figure out which way to go. Both seem like very good machines, prices are about the same, and local dealer support seems good here for both.

4. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Im a Scag man,but I would probably have to go with the 757. :)

5. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Toro is going to be cheaper than JD and will probably give you NO problems and the Turbo Force deck kicks some SERIOUS @$$

6. rochenyguy

Both are between $7500 - 8000 here, within a couple hundred dollars of each other.

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I tested the JD yesterday, and didn't care for it much. While it was a nice smooth maching, I didn't like the slow lade speed. People sy that it still cuts decent, vbut I could see exactly what I did. I carefully analyzed it in different heights and thicknesses of grass, and it was like a lazer cutting thottled down to about 80%. I don't care for the stamped deck, either. It sure won't take the beating like a fabricated.

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

My vote goes to Toro on this one.

9. rochenyguy

it's neck and neck down the stetch. A few votes for JD and a few for the Toro so far.

10. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I have Five (5) JD 757's and one (1) Toro 500......I think that tells in itself you what my vote is. As for the deck....don't even sweat it as the 7 Iron deck is outstanding..AND you'll never have to scape it like you will with welded decks.