jd 757 will not start (help)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cdtc33, Jul 5, 2008.

1. cdtc33

cdtc33 LawnSite Member

I have a 2005 JD 757 z-trak mower (60 in. deck 25 kawasaki). I was mowing my lawn yesterday and I stopped for a couple of minutes and then tried to restart mower. The mower would not attempt to turn over. The swith under the control pannel would make a clicking sound but that was it. I do not believe it is the starter be cause I have had no problems in the past and it will not even try to start. I had my dad come over with his 757 and I swapped out batteries but that was not the problem. I checked the fuse and it is not blown. I anticipate a safety switch has failed or the ignition is bad. I have never had a problem of any sort with this mower before. I would love to be-able to fix the problem my self but I do not know where to begin. My question is this 1) has anyone experienced this before 2)if so what cost should I be prepaired to pay 3) is this something I could fix myself? Any help would be appreciated thanks

2. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

My quik trak does that sometimes but its the battery cables that are loose on it.

3. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

My toro does the exact thing when my battery is dead. makes a clicking noise. check the connection.

4. david shumaker

david shumaker LawnSite Senior Member

My Toro does that when the battery terminals have become loose.

5. heather lawn sp

heather lawn sp LawnSite Senior Member

Not only loose, but make sure they are clean and shiny

6. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

Is the pto switch turned off ? Check connections on starter also.

7. heather lawn sp

heather lawn sp LawnSite Senior Member

No starter 'click' if PTO switch 'on' position

8. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

No but the clutch might make a clicking sound I was covering clicls LOL