JD 757 Ztrack Mulch kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cdtc33, Mar 28, 2006.

1. cdtc33

cdtc33 LawnSite Member

just purchased a mulch kit for my jd757 60" mower. Should I use gator blades with the mulch kid or what came with the kit? Are there any mulching blades supperiour to the gator blades? One man told me that the gator blades would not work with the mulching kit but that made little since to me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  2. duke & sons

duke & sons LawnSite Member

I run a 737 and a 717A Z-track. The gator blades will work just fine on your mower. They are far superior to the stock mulching blades. Most of the time, I mulch with medium lift discharge blades. They seem to leave a better cut than the gators. The gators will mulch the grass better though. If you have any other questions, please let me know.
  3. brookviewlawncare

brookviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

we have 6 60" deere mulchers and only use stck blades
  4. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I have found nothing better than the gators when running my 737 with the mulching kit. Dump the stock mulching blades.
  5. southernlandscapespecial

southernlandscapespecial LawnSite Member

How much did you pay for the mulch kit?
  6. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

It was around 215 if I remember correctly. The dang thing didnt fit exactly right either. Some of the hole that were supposed to be there were missing:rolleyes: Had to drill them out. It is NOT a five minute job to put this thing on and take off. When you put it on you will want to either leave it on or take it off for awhile. Not an every day pleasant job.