Jd 757 ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by topcat, Jun 10, 2004.

1. topcat

topcat LawnSite Member
    from Bflo

For those having the JD 757 with the 60" deck, how much deck overhang past the wheel is there to allow for trimming? I'm thinking of trading my 737 54" up to the 757 to gain some trim advantage.

2. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

Well, let's see... 60" - 54" = 6". Divided by two sides equals 3 inches additional on each side I believe.

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I think you answered his question.

The 737 uses the same frame and has the same wheel stance as the 757. I bet you don't have too much trimability with that 54" deck?

4. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

That's not really a good assumption. Our 60" and 72" eXmarks all have the same overhang on the right side but the left is where you pick up the additional trimming width. I would hope that John Dork would use the same practice as to get the most for trimming capabilities.

5. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Yep,a 52" exmark lazer HP has more trim than a 60" full size lazer.

6. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Why not just change the deck out for a 60" instead of getting a whole new machine?

7. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

:nono:

8. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, be glad that's all I said about them. You want to know how I really feel about that company, do a search in the heavy equipment section about skid-steers and my experience with them. With that in mind, I'll NEVER say anything good about John Queer and any equipment they produce.

9. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

Actually the 727A is a mini-frame so there is a failry decent amount of overhang for trimability, but there could always be more. I do tend to get accosted by evergreens at times. I needed to stay with this width as the 60" deck is getting fairly wide for some of my accounts.

Yes, I was out of line...I apologize. I did forget about the three different frame sizes that JD offers.

10. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

No, not really, I could care less.