1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

JD 777 72" deck on factory-built 60" mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by billmower, Mar 27, 2007.

1. billmower

billmower LawnSite Member

Is a conversion kit available to allow a 72" 7-Iron deck to fit onto a JD 777 that was factory-built with 60" deck? The 72" deck attachment points are okay, but the caster wheels do not clear the front of the deck. Thanks.
  2. tomo

tomo LawnSite Senior Member

hello, first things first,does the model in question have a split chassis or a full chassis .If the chassis is a 2 piece set up yes it may be achievable eg only requiring to change front half etc [assuming the f casters need to be spaced futher out on th 72] .

Enquire with j/d an experienced customer service rep who will then consult with an engineer will help u .

You will be suprised at how different a 60 /72 machine is .

Generally they will supply u with a list of differing parts ,although it may not list some of the small components [98% accurate]

My own experience came from inquiring about a toro s/h unit i wanted to convert to 60 inch.

3. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

Do a search on the subject. Past postings has the 777 Z-Trak fairly gutless with the larger 72" deck and under powered.
  4. billmower

billmower LawnSite Member

I did a search on the subject and didn't find the information, so that is the reason for my post.

I already have a 777 w/factory 72" deck and it performs just fine for the mowing I do.
  5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Save your self a headache and stick with what it was designed for. You will probably run into even more problems before you are finished. I guess I'm from the "if it isn't broke don't fix it crowd".