JD 777 mounted sprayer pics

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tyaroch, Mar 11, 2008.

1. tyaroch

tyaroch LawnSite Member
    from MI

I know this is not the Herb. forum, but thought I would like to share these with you guys.

100_0397.JPG

100_0393.JPG

100_0409.JPG

2. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like a nice set-up. how much was it?

3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

How much does it hold?

4. tyaroch

tyaroch LawnSite Member
    from MI

It probably cost $350-$375. It holds 25 gallons. I will have to fill it two or three times to covermy lawn, but I did not want to spend a lot of money. Anything over 25 gallons seems to get a lot more expensive.

5. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

nice looking rig. I would have opted for a "boomless" rig....Iknow with my luck I'd end up ripping one of the booms off...heck you could probably use that set up to spray de-icer on you driveway as well...

6. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

that is nice, maybe get smaller nozzles and change the spray rate to get more out of a tank. but really nice man. and i dont even like the green fleet!

7. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

Betcha it gets real hard to steer with a full tank on a wet lawn! Don't take offense, its constructive, polite criticism.

8. tyaroch

tyaroch LawnSite Member
    from MI

I am sure it could be hard to steer. The reason I made the boom wings lift is so that I can spray ditchbanks higher than the lawn without having to drive on a slope. I am sure I will have to make adjustments along the way. The next thing I have to do after wiring it is to make a sticker that saws "Lift the booms stupid!" I almost ripped them off going into my garage the first time I took it out. lol.

9. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

Try setting up a breakaway boom assembly. You can find these commercially, or make them yourself. Basically what it is is a hingepoint, mounted vertically, so that when you hit something with the boom, it snaps out of joint, kinda like Mel Gibson snapping his shoulder out of joint in the movies, only there is no pain! The joint in question looks like this: L>, if you can imagine the lower(horizontal) leg of the L being surrounded by the >. The > is spring loaded , and adjustable in tension, so you can set when it breaks. Try agrisupply.com, they might have either the boom assembly, or the breakaway joint.:cool2:

10. tyaroch

tyaroch LawnSite Member
    from MI

Good idea with the Breakaways. This boom actually was a breakaway. It had springs and everything. I needed it to lift , so I turned the nozzles 90 degrees and am using it that way. I will consider making it breakaway as well.