JD 7iron II mulching on demand deck owners? anyone?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ramairfreak98ss, May 26, 2006.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

who is using these for 2006? I once considered the JD, im looking for opinions on them, i would love for some yards to pull a lever and stop the side ejection of grass clippings. I cant mulch half of the yards though either, a rear broadcast deck would be great but most companies dont offer that. I may be looking at a wide area mower or something JD with their 72" deck next year. Id like opinions though on this new deck for their smaller units.

2. TriplePLandscaping

TriplePLandscaping LawnSite Member

ferris is4500's have a 72" rear-discharge deck option. no experience w/ jd so just giving u a heads up.

3. brookviewlawncare

brookviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

we have two jd 757 mod (mulch on demand )two jd 757 side dis. with mulch kits and three of the old jd 665 side dis with mulch kits and the last ones out are the mod. they don't mulch near as well as the kits they are better than our toros mulched but not as well as the kits

4. Watkinslawnservice

Watkinslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know if this deck is available on the quik-traks?

5. drmiller100

drmiller100 LawnSite Senior Member

i've got a 737 with 7 iron deck. the older, non=adjustable one.

it mulches VERY well. wehn doing large fields, i couldn't mulch it all though. So, i put a "quick release" on the discharge. Cut out part of the ring under the deck, put wing nuts on 3 bolts that hold the side cover on.

works pretty well. For future, I will weld the cut out to teh side plate, then put the side plate on a top hinge.