JD 997 - Retro Hydraulic Deck Lift Kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gl1200a, Dec 29, 2007.

1. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

My poor knees are having too hard of a time using the John Deere deck lift assist pedal so I am converting to the hydraulic lift kit. I got the J D kit made to retro older 997's to the newer hydraulic deck lift. Has anyone done one of these conversions?

Now, to take this one more step... I am actually doing this on my 797 with the 72" deck. I am only going to be able to use some of the kit (and I am missing the two extra outputs on the hydro pump that the 'T' adapters go into on the 997 pump. But, the lift would be done slow enough that I can run 'T's' off of two of the wheel motor lines.) Please, before someone may start with expertise on why this won't work I have a hydraulics engineer confirming that there will be no problem with lift when the wheel motors are not running or running at a crawl.

What I want to know is if anyone has done one of these on a 997 or even a 797. I'm looking for your ideas and experiences in a conversion of this type. Not even on a John Deere. I would appreaciate anyone's (positive) input.

Thanks much. I appreciate your help.