JD Backpack Blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Travis E, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

I am new at this so i hope i did this right.

I have an opportunity to get a bigger job so i need to upgrade to a better blower. I was wondering if anyone has used or heard anything about the John Deere BP60 Backpack Blower. Almost sounds too cheap? Any thoughts?

Here's some specs
    -Kawasaki 2-Cycle
    59.2cc
    67.6 fl oz fuel tank
    Electronic CD Ignition
    201 mph Max Velocity
    22 lb weight
    740 cubic feet per minute

2. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

let me preface this by saying i have not owned or used one.

however, someone i know has had 2 jd blowers and hated them both. i would go with a redmax 8000 or 7001 if i was buying tomorrow.

3. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Good one by the way who makes a john deere blower.

4. Travis E

I noticed the blower while at a JD dealer...then found one cheap so i was just wondering about it. The redmax sounds good but i really want something cheaper than $400 because i am only 15 and don't have many current properties but i just want something that will let me grow.

Anyways don't have a redmax dealer around so what about the Stihls? Maybe a BR400 or BR420?

5. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

i'd be willing to bet you do. click the sponsor link and do a dealer locator/search. you may be surprised.

6. Travis E

did find a dealer, but like i said, i don't really want to spend over $400.. Looks like the Redmax is way over that. I know that you get what you pay for but i am just looking for a blower to blow off grass better than my current one and i would rather put the extra money into a good zero turn.

7. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

Don't rule out RedMax yet - Their eb4001 is about $320 and is a very good blower - Personally from someone who has used both, I feel that the eb4001 is right on par with Stihl's BP420 series blowers, but costs a little less

8. Travis E

is the eb4401 the same thing as the eb4001 because all i found was the eb4401? Or is that what you ment to say?

9. I MOW ALONE

I MOW ALONE LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a john deere bp50 and my experience has been great. alway's start's first or second pull even when it's cold out. and that kawasaki engine really does scream. it's almost as strong as my echo 650. good luck with what ever you decide to buy.

10. lawnboyblake

lawnboyblake LawnSite Member

I bought a Brand new BP 50 when I was 15 also. I will have to say it's one of the best pieces of equipment that I've ever bought. I still to this day use it at least 4 days a week.... Always starts and I've never even put a plug in it.... Can't ask for better than that. I would go for it, but also I've never used any other blower other than my Junk 6 month old Stihl BG85 that never wants to start even when warm.......GRRRRRRR.. The Deere always starts with 1 pull no choke if it's been used once before in the day. 2 pulls in the mornin':walking: