JD bagger?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DLCS, Jan 15, 2005.

1. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I found a picture of this JD 777 with a unique bagger for a JD ztr. Looks like it uses the JD powerflow blower, cause its got the mount bracket on the deck. I'm not sure but the hopper look like one of those JD mcs carts with the wheels of it?? Here is a picture.

Attached Files:

• Vac.bmp
      File size:
      900.1 KB
      Views:
  2. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

That is interesting. Where was the picture taken at?

3. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

that looks like a modified jd lawn cart/vac system. :waving:

4. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

i think having that thing suspended out like that would be more of a tipping hazard. it does look like a modifed bagger though definatly as mentioned above. although how does the grass get into the bag? obviously there is a chute missing here, but there is opening in the bag that i see.

5. DLCS

I did a search on machinefinder.com under JD 777. Seems like a cool idea.

6. DLCS

Like I said, there is a bracket for the powerflow unit on the deck and I'm sure you would just use a vac hose to go from the power unit to the hopper. Its listed in the ad as having the powerflow unit but just not shown in the picture. I've been thinking of building something like this for more capacity but never thought of hanging a mcs cart on the back of the ztr.

7. mownredneck

mownredneck LawnSite Member

Ive never seen a JD bagger like that. It must be homemade. The catcher on the commercail ztr's are the same as the residentail mowers. The powerflow has a bar that slides into a hole under the deck and it clamps to the side of the front of the deck, and the belt for the blower run off a pully put on the closes blade pully

8. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe that guy did'nt feel like spending the $1700.00 on the 3 bag Powerflow unit! :p

9. mownredneck

mownredneck LawnSite Member

Or he didnt fell like paying that much

10. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

ahh that's what I said ;)