1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

JD dealer want even sell me mower for cash

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by QualityLawnCare4u, Jun 21, 2004.

1. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Hello. I have posted here in the past about the problems Ive had with local JD dealers even though I have had good luck with mower. In my area we have someof the worst dealers anywhere in the country. Toro dealer that 90% of lco refuse to buy from him, a ferries dealer that is almost as rude as him, a dixie chopper dealer who is so-so but I did not like the chopper. All other dealers over 60 miles away. Six weeks ago today I talked with JD salesmanager on a 737 and agreed of price. I told him to order me one with a 60 inch deck. ok 5 weeks pass and I here nothing till last monday salesperson calls and tells me its in, I asked did it have a 60 deck and he said no 54, I say wrong one, he will have to check o status. Next day I go over to have some minor work done on my 717 and their on the lot sets a new 737 with a 60 deck. I go in to see saleman and he says yeah that came i yersterday afternoon was going to call me. I tell him Im ready to buy and the tech said he would get it put together for me. The saleman then starts him-hawing and says he will have to get with the manager, I told him the manager has already talked with him 6 weeks ago about our agreement. Anyways Im standing there with a check in my hand for 25% and the rest on my business charge card at 5.7 fixed rate same as cash, I could not believe he woud not sell me the ^%$%^ mower. He said he would deliver it that afternoon and that was last monday. I guess Im going to have to find a dealer 100 miles away or so. Im calling the salesmanager back today and tell him about his fine salw staff and deal is off.

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Sorry to hear of your dealer trouble.
    Maybe you should contact deere direct and see what happens?
  3. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I filed a complaint against one dealer who did not want to work on my under warr. 717 because I did not buy from them, never heard a word from them.

4. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

john deere is a fricken joke
  5. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

i heard one dealer tell me that all john deere stuff is, is homelite products that are painted green and yellow with some pretty stickers on em. but he mighta just been trying to sell me his stuff.
  6. chuckers

i heard the same but i am not sure
  7. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

I can believe it. I will never buy from a JD dealer again. All their service reps such where I am and they dont give a rip about their products.

I have had nothing but problems with my JD warrenty work for the past 5 years. No more I tell ya! Next year will be Toro all the way.
  8. chuckers

the only thing they make quality is the big stuff like my grandpas tractors like the big 400+hp diesel and the combines etc the small stuff they created are just to make the farmers happy and really they are just pissing them off
  9. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

This is why I bought a Kubota tractor. I bought mine used. But the guy I bought it from, bought it from my dealer. They still did a warranty claim on it. He also offered me more than what I paid for it, on trade in on a bigger kubota. But I decided to get a ASL RC-50.

I like one dealer sales guy's comment. I asked why a JD tractors are better than a Kubota. He answer was because they are green and yellow.

I have a collection of 1960's-1970's john deere lawn tractors. The prices on parts have doubled in the last 10 years.
  10. Steve1

Steve1 LawnSite Senior Member

Well, my experience with the local Deere dealers has been totally opposite of what I've read here. They have been most helpful and offering to demo anything I want for as long as I want.

Also, their reputations are very good with a lot of satisfied cutters so it looks like they're doing something right.

Unfortunately, that may not be so around the country. That's too bad because I do believe they make a good product based upon my demo experiences with them.