JD, Exmark or Grasshopper?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fairwayCuts, Sep 9, 2004.

1. fairwayCuts

fairwayCuts LawnSite Member

Past couple of weeks I've been doing some research on getting a new ztr mower and am kinda looking at either the JD 727 z-trak 54" or the Exmark Lazer Z 52". Both seem to be good mowers and have pretty much the same features, just wondering if you had any thoughts. I havn't had a chance to demo either yet though. Also, where I from I see tons of guys with grasshoppers, havn't really looked into them yet but any thoughts?
  2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I have a 725 front mount grass hopper and love it, can't comment on the others

3. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

I got an Exmark LAzer Z HP 52" this year and I love it. I am thinking about another one for the future. I think next time I will get the Lazer Z !
  4. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

if quality of cut matters go with the exmark.but you have to have dealer support in any choice you make i dont care what mower you buy
    its not worth $.02 if you cant get parts or get it fixed when it goes down
  5. eshreve1234

eshreve1234 LawnSite Member

My vote is for Deere. I am biased because all I use is Deere. I am also tired of hearing about ExMark on this site, maybe its a great product, maybe its all hype and people wanting to believe that its better. As for Grasshoppers, I agree they are all over Toledo, seems most of the bigger outfits have them. You see a few Deere walk behinds, and the only Exmarks I see are the ones pulled by the big shiny new trucks with no lettering. If you are interested in a Deere, Fred Otts in Berkey is ok, they normally have some used items from Pacesetter park who trades in every few years, but if you want service Von Deylen's in Napoleon is the place. They drop whatever they are doing if I come in with down equipment, and can have any part you need by 8 am the next day.