Jd F687 Question?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by RKISTNER1, May 1, 2006.

1. RKISTNER1

RKISTNER1 LawnSite Member

My JD has 100 hrs on it. Decided to go with Mobile 1 in MY kohler which has 1 change at 25 hrs. My hydro unit should have been changed at 50 hrs. JD says do not use bio-hy-gard or anyType f red trans fluid. My question is what the heck is in that 1.5 gal reservoir and can I use a syn like mobile 1? Thank You in advance...Richard in Michigan

2. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Richard I am not sure about whats in the res. but from the Kohler school I just attended a couple of months ago they are not recommending mobile-1 in new motors until 300hrs of run time to make sure the rings have seated properly.:) Hope this helps.

3. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Look in your owner's manual or go to your local Deere dealer and they will tell you what fluid to use. I always go to the dealer for all my fluids, that way I know I got the right stuff.:)

4. RKISTNER1

Hey Richard I am not sure about whats in the res. but from the Kohler school I just attended a couple of months ago they are not recommending mobile-1 in new motors until 300hrs of run time to make sure the rings have seated properly. Hope this helps.

MowerMedic77
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to MowerMedic77
    Find all posts by MowerMedic77
    Add MowerMedic77 to Your Buddy List

#3 Today, 06:34 PM
    POPO4995
    LawnSite Member Join Date: Nov 2005

Look in your owner's manual or go to your local Deere dealer and they will tell you what fluid to use. I always go to the dealer for all my fluids, that way I know I got the right stuff.

5. RKISTNER1

Thank you, 2 very good replys to be considered. Rich in bloomfield,mi