JD f935 water pump

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by avp27, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

For what it's worth;

We have a Duetz diesel in our large Ditch Witch trencher, It started smoking really bad and was white in color and also smelled of oil. The problem found was a blown head gasket.

It's possible the Deere gasket is not as bad or gets better/worse after warm up.
  2. avp27

avp27 LawnSite Member

despite all the good advice I have decided to go for it as I screwed down the price to $500. I know I fear the chorus of 'I told you so' as I start posting some qusetions on the forum. I am man enuf to take it on the chin. And a little stupid for not walking away !!!!
  3. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey, it could work out for you? Especially if you can do the work yourself. I hope it all goes well.
  4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Hey, you only have $500 into it. If all else fails and you give up, you can likely get $500 just from parting it out!

You may want to look for a new or a used engine in better shape. Who knows why that head gasket went.
  5. avp27

avp27 LawnSite Member

thanks TLS. thats what i figured. Any suggestions on were i can find a salvage yard ?
  6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

JD dealership?

Years while on vacation I visited a JD dealer that had a F-1145 which must have fallen off a trailer. This would have been one to pick off of.

Keep an eye on the rubber torsional dampner that connects the engine to the trans driveshaft. If that rubber fails, things get messed up pretty good!
  7. avp27

avp27 LawnSite Member

good tip TLS - i already saw a few posts on that one. cheers !