Jd Gs 30

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MacPhersonlawn, Jan 28, 2005.

1. MacPhersonlawn

MacPhersonlawn LawnSite Member

Last year I bought a JD GS-30 wilth a 36" deck. It was used and I did not get a manual with it. I find that it pulls to the right requiring constant adjustment to keep it going in a straight line. I can't figure out how to fix it. There must be some adjustment to make the left drive wheel go slower or the right wheel to go faster. It's probably a simple thing but I just don't see it. Can anyone help me with this?
  2. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

Go to a JD dealer and do two things.

1. Request a copy of the owners manual
    2. Ask them how to adjust it.
  3. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

That is a belt drive with a idler pulley set up right? If so you should be able to pull a circlip on the rod that goes from the handle to the idler pulley and adjust the rod end that threads on the rod . Making the rod effectually longer puts more tension on the belt for your weak side. If after adjusting you can't get enough tension , it usually is due to a worn/ incorrect belt or worn parts.
  4. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

go to http://www.deere.com they have manuals on line
  5. MacPhersonlawn

MacPhersonlawn LawnSite Member

Thanks for your help.
  6. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

should be a simple fix, but have you also considered the possibility of one tire being deflated a bit? It happened to me once when I had a tire with very low pressure/small leak. Pulled to one side.
  7. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

I have a gs30. It had the same problem. Mine was a tire pressure problem. Gotta love those easy fixes!