jd gs30 vs exmark metro hp??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chambers 38, Jul 25, 2004.

1. chambers 38

chambers 38 LawnSite Member

jd gs30 wb 36inch or
    exmark metro hp 36inch wb

whats the best ??????

2. drsogr

drsogr LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a JD gs25 which is basically the same thing from what I can tell, and man that thing is a tank! It would run me up a tree, which it almost has. I have never used an Exmark, but you will definitely find a ton of people on here that love theirs. I think you would be good with either one. I live in Kansas and there are a few JD dealers. The farmers tend to love JD.

3. GrassMaster84

GrassMaster84 LawnSite Member

Ditto on the DEERE!!, i own a gs30 and its a hoss of a machine, also take into consideration the dealer support when you are purchasing new equipment.

4. ken50

ken50 LawnSite Member
    from tx

I love my GS30, but have never run Exmark, so can't really compare, I can just tell you that I don't think you can go wrong with a Deere!

5. chambers 38

I have dealer support from both exmark and Deere , just the Deere is $1000.00 less then the exmark.
    I'm whiling to spend the extra money for the exmark but I would love to spend less.
    OK exmark guys where you at???

6. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an eXmark belt-drive, fixed deck mower with a 3-foot cut. Cuts like a beast, is a lot of work. When it dies, its successor has a floating deck and hydro drives.

But for $2300, it's a lot of mower. I have no experience with JD's commercial equipment, so no can do the comparison thingy. However, Deere's site claims they get $2599 for the GS30, so I'm not sure about your claim that its a grand cheaper.

One difference I do see in the specs on both machines is that the Deere gears their machines for a blade tip speed of 15,000 feet per minute versus the 18,000 fpm of the Exmark. That difference may be of no real consequence, but I can't imagine it makes no difference at all.

Still, I can't imagine you'd go horribly wrong with either machine. Just bear in mind that pistol-grip, belt drive walkbehind mowers will beat your a** to death. Think long and hard about a hydro drive machine, whatever the brand.

7. chambers 38

thanks to all
    im going to go test both and let yall know what i think
    thanks for the input!!!

8. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, What ya find out ?

9. chambers 38

Im going woth the exmark becawes
    1 weiled deack high quailty