1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Jd Gt-235

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Travis Followell, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I've found a used 2000 or 2001 GT 235 with a 48" deck and has almost 300 hours on it for $2800. Its got an air cooled Kawasaki engine, can't remember what hp it is, I think it may be 17 but can't remember for sure. Anyway, its in excellent condition. When I first saw it I thought it was brand new. Its an that good of shape.

So what i'm asking is this a good price for this machine and what would one like it cost new?
  2. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

i think new they were about $4900.00-$5500.00 maybe a little less or little more, im sure smalltimer will correct me if im wrong, also 300 hours is very low id jump on it if i were you
  3. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

sounds like a good fair price. if its condition is right, should be a good deal
  4. Mbsausage

Mbsausage LawnSite Member

i have the same tractor! 1999 gt 235 48" 18 kawi,
    about 6000.00 new. i saw one sell for 3500 on ebay with about the same hours. thats not a bad price.
    just to let u know, i beat the crap out of mine everyday , even did some tractor racing at a local fair. never bin in the shop!! i change oil ,plugs and filter 3 times a year!
  5. bucknut

bucknut LawnSite Member

My dad has a GT 235 with an 18HP Briggs/JD motor with a 54" deck. I think it's a 2000 or 2001. He paid $4800 for it. It's nice, but sometimes boggs down when the blades are engaged.
  6. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine was $4950 in August of 1999, the very first year of production. There were still new GT-275's on the lot when I got this one, but I wanted the 'new' GT-235. It has the 54" deck and 18 Vanguard. Been a very good machine to me for going on 7 years now. I had to replace the carb on it last year but other than that it's been great. I've mowed everything from classy town yards to the rough lots our rental trailers are located on at the farm. It's never ran out of power and does everything that I've asked of it.

I'd jump on that one, it seems to be a good price. Even the early '99 and '00 GT-235's are still bringing $3500 regardless of hours.