JD/Lesco experiences so far

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by LawnTamer, Nov 9, 2007.

1. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

So, What kind of experiences have you all had with Lesco now that they've been acquired by JD landscapes?

I confess, I'm a little worried. I went in to pick up some fert. I ran about 30 bags short on my winterizing. I about fell over when I learned they wanted to charge over $18 per bag for 46-- urea. I had been paying $13.50. They said JD had undone all their special pricing. They were able to get it down to just over $15/bag by putting it on someone else's account. I didn't like doing that. I may not be their biggest buyer, but I spend $20-30k /yr there.

From what I gather they are afraid that JD will run them right into the ground.
    If they can't be competitive, I'm going back to buying from ag suppliers.

2. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

i am buying from ag suppliers...lesco price on fert is to high there 20-0-20 with Atrazine is over 30 bucks a bag i can get some 15-0-15 with Atrazine for 12.50 per bag

3. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I only had to buy like 20-25 bags of 46-0-0 and I paid $18.50 for it from
    JD Landscapes.

Do you guys get it at $13 a bag because of quantity?

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Our prices haven't changed a bit. The service is the same as well. The only thing I can see different is that we got a whole bunch of free Lesco merchandise (pens, hats, etc.). lol

5. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Ditto -- same positive experience regarding service & quality. Thanks for the heads up..........I'm gunna hit my LESCO buds up for free stuff.:usflag:

6. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Perhaps I am just a bit worried. I went to a local JD landscapes a year or 2 ago to price out some fert. They gave me this 20 minute presentation about how if I switched to their Nextel plan AND used a bunch of other service providers which they were associated with AND spent $25k, THEN they could give me a Lesco type price.
    That was the last time I ever wasted time with them.

7. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Same here also!

My Lesco guys treat me great! I trust them as they seem to really look out for me and my business!

Nothing has changed yet.

I too will try and get some free stuff!

8. ampeg76

ampeg76 LawnSite Senior Member

for my business i skip lesco, but for the company i work for, i purchase lesco products, they have went up quite abit, and we spent more than last year!

9. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Business as usual for us, no big change that we can see so far?

10. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member