JD m665 owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lee b, Jan 22, 2001.

1. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

I hate to run this in the ground,but I would like to hear opinions about the JD m665 ztr. Strong points, things you don,t like about them, prices. I was just qouted $7000.00 on new m665, sound about right? Trying to compare them to a similarly equipped lazer. thanks

2. mmorgan

mmorgan LawnSite Member

Lee,
    I own 2 of them. I am very satisfied so far. Each machine has around 350 hours on them. I wish JD would offer a liquid cooled gas or diesel, but I have been told that they are not. Theyare also a little cold blooded in early spring andd late fall as well.
    Only other complaints are the lack of a fuel guage, and controls between the legs. I would like to see a pod on one side like grasshopper. Just minor things though. Other than that, I love them. No machine will be perfect for each person. If you can buy a brand new one for $7k, you'd better buy it. I paid more for mine.

3. SpringValley

SpringValley LawnSite Member

I am looking at another F680 John Deere for this season and it is going to cost me much more than $7k. Sounds like a great deal. I love my F620 and the dealer makes all the difference in the world. I love to walk into a place and they call you by name and they know who you are, what you own and what needs you may have.

Good Luck,
    Matt