JD quick trac

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Hiway, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Hiway

Hiway LawnSite Member

Does any one use this mower to mulch with and if so how good does it work.
    Thanks for any information.

2. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

As far as the unit itself I went to my Deere dealer on Monday to talk about possibly buying one of these and he said that they have sold very few and the ones that have been sold the customers have not been very happy he didnt say why and they had several there on display but he said to stay wiht my Wright Standers they cost less and have been verrrry good to me esp since the rapid adj came out

This is just my take on it if your dealer says no and sends you to another dealer there is a good reason

3. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I have never seen one at either 2 dealers here. I asked about them and the salesperson told me they were not real popular. I see quite a few of them on ebay.

4. REALSLOW

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

I rented one for a day,I have used my friends. The general consences is they are crap stay away! They have issues you might as well get a ZTR, almost all the things that make a wright great are negated by a quiktrac.

5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Well, I'm the only poster so far that actually owns one so here goes. I have a 647 with the 7 iron II deck and a mulch kit. Mulches excellent and is very efficient. My only beef is that after extended use my back gets sore but that could be just me.