jd quiktraks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProCut_48, Mar 15, 2008.

1. ProCut_48

ProCut_48 LawnSite Member
    from michgan

i was just wondering what evey one thought of these mowers if they are worth buying for 7,700 and if they are a good for clean ups as well or would a zrt be the best bet:hammerhead:

2. instyle

instyle LawnSite Senior Member
    from Canada

a quick track is a ztr. the only differance is you are standing. they have the exact same deck as the jd 717-757, they have the same engines, the same tires and even the same paint...lol.

You really only have to ask...How good are JD's for clean ups? And the answere is....they are great.

3. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

$7,700 sounds pretty steep---you can get a 757 for just a little more.

4. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

I have a 657 and love it. cant say how it does on clean ups though....we dont really have that problem down here in sunny fl

5. ProCut_48

from michgan

i guess what i mean is can u pull a trac-vac with one or cyclone rake or some thing like that for clean ups:drinkup:

6. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Im in MI like you and a year ago my JD dealer gave a huge discount to get one of those off the floor that had been sitting for a year. That 7700 is high. If I could get one cheap I would take it.

7. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

8. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

i kno that www.trac-vac.com says the stand on trac-vac model is NOT for the john deere but i'm sure it just takes a few alterations to make it work, i'm sure that there is not THAT much of a difference...

i would buy the trac-vac, it's the best collection system that i have seen on the market, for any machine...

9. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I love my Quik Trak 647....its an '04 and still mows great. On the down side...John Deere service. The dealers, at least around here, are terrible. This is why I would NEVER buy another Deere or even recommend one.

10. ProCut_48

from michgan

thanks for the replys