1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

JD quote

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brian mon, Dec 7, 2002.

1. brian mon

brian mon LawnSite Member

Went to JD dealer, need ztr. Best mower I've got is a '01 LX 277 AWS 48" deck, and hate it! Will sell a new '01 M653 Z-Trak, 23hp Kohler, 54" deck, w/full warrenty etc. $4500.00 w/trade in.
    JD is the only dealer in my area, support and service has been very good!
    All other dealers 35/40 miles away for me or would and may still consider another option.
    I know the JD community here (Lawnsite) is rather small but any and all input will be greatly appreciated.
  2. Brieldo

Brieldo LawnSite Member

Honestly, I do not like John Deere anymore. I've used their stuff for the past 5 years and whenever we have problems, our dealer shafts us. It's at least in the shop for a week and hwen all is said and done, often times we have to take it back there because it wasnt fixed right the first time. For this reason, Im gonna get an eXmark, and I promise you, i'll never look back.
  3. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

That sounds like the same problem I have with my EXMARK dealer!
  4. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

Doesn't sound like a bad deal to me. 2 years ago I traded a 1 year old LX277 in for a M665, they allowed me $2800.00 on a mower I paid $3600.00 for and used all year. The M665 has been a good mower, 700+ hours with very few problems, and it has been used on alot of rough stuff. I'm about ready to up-grade to a new 797 max-frame for more power. My dealer is selling the new 757 60" z for $7500.00 , the 717 48" for $6300.00, the 797 29DFI with 72" deck for $10,200.00. You might want to check out the 757, I believe it's alot nicer mower than the older 600 series. I've never had nothing but great service from my Deere dealer.
  5. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

I have always liked JD equip. I know some here don't.
    My dad still has a 79 JD 212 lawn tractor he bought new. Runs and works good. Yes it has had its issues, but maybe most of them were from the chief opperator tearing it up. (and that would be???? uh M E.) Seems like since I left home it has been fairly trouble free. I kept dang near 8 acres of grass mowed a week with it. Between mowing around the house and buildings, gardens, the rental prop yard when empty, and underneath the electric fence for the cow and horse, it was running most every day of the week in the summer.

MWS LAWN LawnSite Member

Lee, Do you know if the 797 has the same 7 iron stamped deck on it? We bought exmarks this past year, so I can compare the cut between the lazer deck and the J.D. stamped deck. Both cut very good but in some cases I have seen the J.D. out cut the lazer as far as getting every peice of grass at faster speeds. And yes both mowers run the same speed at open throttle, and both mowers are 60 in. cut.
  7. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

I have ben using John Deere's for 3 years now and i have nothing but great service from my dealer, i have a 54" f620 and 60" F735 and i will be buying another Z-trak in 2003.

8. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

MWS, the 797 has the 7-iron deck, you can get it with a 60" or 72" 7-iron deck. The 29DFI would be awesome on a 60".

MWS LAWN LawnSite Member

Potomac, We have been running a F-620 60 in. for its 4th season. Its time for a motor rebuild or just a new motor for next season. I beleive the 20 h.p. kohler just was not enough power for the 60 in. deck. Does anyone know if the 25 h.p. will fit instead of the 20?
  10. hlgmoney

hlgmoney LawnSite Member

I'll be glad when JD updates their website to show the new 797.