JD Skidsteer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by rcreech, Jul 26, 2007.

1. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Anyone use a JD Skidsteer?

I am looking for a good steer to run a Harley Rake.

Going to a sale next week that has several JD 250 and 260's.

Are these good machines? Power for the money?

Any help greatly appreciated.

2. Just traded in a 250 John Deere was a very good machine strong and no problems either one would be good.

3. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

If you have the money I would really look at the 300 series. You wouldn't give me a 200 series. I heard JD made over 100 improvements to them. JD really have good power.:weightlifter:

4. cat2

from Mi

How many hours?

5. 800 hours..

6. cat2

from Mi

thats not too many. I have a 317 with 1,000 hours

7. It was a great machine, I wanted to be able to pick up more weight and I guess I;m getting wimpy cause I wanted air conditioning. Its a 325.

8. mow king

mow king LawnSite Senior Member

Which sale is this if you dont mind me asking?

9. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 2004 John Deere Series II with over 2,000 hours that Im very happy with. The Series II was only out for a couple years. It was basically a 200 Series with a ton of updates. Mine has been very reliable. The 300 series has some more updates. I would not be affraid of a early 200 series especially now because they came out in 99 so hopefully all the bugs have been worked out. Which 200 Series machine are you looking at? The early one's kind of gave Deere a bad name for a while because of issues but like I said by now what ever was going to go wrong has and has been fixed. Only complaint I have with them and now I dont think much about is boom sway. The Vertical design that all Deeres have including the 300 Series is a little more than other brands. It does not cause a problem and they come this way new from factory but it is something to be aware of. I would definitly buy another one.

10. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

It is a sale held in Indy every two months. This sale starts at 9 am and will go until about 1 or 2 in the morning. They sell mostly farm equipement, but also have a lot of industrial equipment also.

Out of this sale there is 1 -260, 4-250 and 1-240 and there is a 317. There are also some GEHL, Bobcats and Case's. Any info on these?

Most of these machines have under 1000 hours, but I think one of them have about 2000 hours.

If I could get the 317 would it be better? What would be a good price range if in good condition?

Would the 240 or 250 be ok with a Harley Rake?

Thanks for all your help!