JD Split booms

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TFL, Jun 18, 2002.

1. TFL

TFL LawnSite Member

i did a search but didn't find any opinion on the XT series Split booms. i was wondering how versitle they are. any opinons would be appreciated.:confused:

2. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

It's very design makes it versatile. I have 2 Ryobi split booms and several Deere attachments for them. When I upgrade to commercial quality equipment I plan on adding at least 1 Echo split boom with trimmer and edger attachments to be my backups.

3. TFL

TFL LawnSite Member

thanks Tony, i was also wondering is the edger attachment as high of quality the blade part of course as the dedicated stick edgers head?

4. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

I can't compare because I've only used what I have. I think you're asking about the blade? They wear out with use. I just replased my solid blade with a Ryobi split blade and it is really great for new accounts because it throws the material out of the groove. The solid blades were slow to do that.

5. cowman66

cowman66 Banned

i would upgrade asap. the jd version is great, but of course it doesnt last as long

6. TFL

TFL LawnSite Member

cowman66 what do you mean by it doesn't last long the blade or the head itself.
    thanks for the input i plan to go purchase one tommorrow :D :D