JD stripes?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chefdrp, Oct 10, 2003.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

Someone said awhile back that my JD Ztr wont stripe? Well i have a dig cam i borrowed and here is a pic.

image0006.jpg

2. capescaper

capescaper LawnSite Member

not bad i just sold my jd 525 last week and it striped beautiful

3. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

Nice... What JD machine do you have, and what set up....

4. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

impressive -Chef!

5. chefdrp

its a 737 Ztrak, 54'

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

chefdrp,

I praise you! Finally somebody with a JD posts some pics!!! After hearing all the bragging on here about them and seeing what I've seen....I begged for someone to post some pictures. I was not the one who said the JD 7-Iron wouldn't stripe. I have always liked the the looks of the deck construction. But my words have not been kind about my experience with them and from what I have seen in my area.

Until now I have never seen one stripe or give a high quality cut with fine discharge clippings and no clumps. But your picture proves it is possible. It looks great and again I praise you for being the first I've seen to post some proof.

However, now I'm left to wonder if it's all about where you are located or is it the blades, setup, ect.??? I know there is a lot of difference in conditions and types of grass in the US. And I know some designs perform better than others here.

I've seen even worse of a cut from the 52" & 62" SFS decks on Toro ZTRs. They cut great on one lawn and crappy on another. The old Kubota decks don't do well either. Here I see the best cut from Kees, Exmark, Grasshopper, Bob-Cat, one old JD front mower and a few brands of garden tractors. But many other popular brands just aren't around to see.

7. chefdrp

Envy, Thanx alot. well i am in western NY. zone 6 i think. LOL.Stock blades, high lift. I havent put on the mulching kit yet. Prob. next week. leaves are starting to get real good..Thanx again for the respect. I have been waiting to put on some pics. just didnt have a dig. cam. Its time for leaves and i borrowed my dads cam.