JD Suspension seats

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SproulsLawnCare, Jul 25, 2006.

1. SproulsLawnCare

SproulsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from IN

Do any of you JD ZTR owners have any input on the suspension kits or mowers with suspension seats factory installed? I have a 777 and before that a 757, and both take bumps pretty solid. The seat cushions my hiney enough, but the jolt I am getting is going to tear up my back if I don't do something soon. I just wanted to know if the kits are worth buying or should I go with an after-market seat with suspension built in?

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

If your in it for the long haul I think a full suspension seat is worth every penney. I'm not sure if JD makes an adaptor kit but I use an adaptor kit made by Exmark on the Lazer and it works about as good as the full suspension seat. Nothern tool has a full suspension Michigan seat ($320) that is the same one Scag and Exmark puts on thier mowers only the dang thing is black looked dark grey on the picture). Sent mine back, good seat but who wants a black seat in Summer. If JD makes a kit I might try it but other wise a full supspension seat is worth it.

3. WGASA

WGASA LawnSite Member
    from NM

I would like to know the same thing. Also, do they expect to come out with flex forks or something in '07? JD info on this site is king of slim. Anybody know if they participate elsewhere?

4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

The new JD Suspension seat kit is great. I have ordered it with the last three new '06 757's I bought.

Have not heard anything about flew type forks for '07 but that doesn't mean they won't have them or offer them as a replacement, only that my dealer hasn't said yet.