1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

JD-Tek Engines

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnInOrder, Apr 25, 2007.

1. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

i am in need of a engine for my power trimm edger. 2hp isn;t cutting it, no pun intended.lol. I was thinking about getting the 5.5 hp model for $199. My dealer says they are great motors and parts are cheaper and easyier to get then honda. Basically a honda look alike. What do you guys think. Thanks
  2. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

I would stay away. If you want a Honda, get a Honda.

Maybe its different in your area, but here honda is very easy to get parts for. Those Chinese Knock off engines...I have no idea where you would go for parts, nor do I want to know.

I have been seeing alot of their engines on generators...or complete generators that are poor copies of Hondas.

I dont know if these are the brand you speak of or not...there are a number of people out there copying Honda. But most of what I have seen has been very poor copies that have basically no service or support after the box store or mail order catalog sells them.